leading Construction Company in Uganda embraces ebizframe ERP for its operations
The client is one of the leading construction company in Uganda, which specializes in multi-dimensional construction and engineering projects.
The company has successfully accomplished various high-end construction projects under the supervision of top quality professionals and specialists from the sector. The company employs more than 1500 workers throughout its operations.
With decades of experience in the construction industry, the client has played a crucial role in laying the foundation of commercial and critical infrastructure necessary for the development of Uganda. The client has earned its reputation by virtue of quality construction infused with innovation and professionalism.
- The client works on several projects simultaneously with manpower and equipment distributed across several locations. The company lacked the ability to have an account of resources deployed on a particular project at any point of time, thus leading to inefficient utilization of resources.
- The company procures several tonnes of raw materials like cement, steel bars, silt, etc. on a regular basis. There manual process followed could not take into account critical supplier/contractor evaluation parameters like past performance and bids offered by different suppliers. Thus informed decision making was critically hampered.
- The Company faced huge losses due to lack of information and fell prey to the nexus of suppliers and contractors who supplied materials at inflated rates.
- The Company was also facing other issues like theft of expensive tools and equipment in transit from one site to another.
- Inability to have a real time tracking of inventory of critical raw materials caused unnecessary delays in projects with stringent deadlines.
- In accurate tracking of overtime of labor led to excess payment to manpower.
- Payrolls of around 1500 workers was calculated manually and caused tremendous wastage of time and effort which also led to delays in payroll processing.
All the processes lacked consistency and accuracy resulting in avoidable financial losses. The client desperately felt the need of a software which could automate all the functions and processes in the construction industry into a single integrated system.
After evaluating several big names the client has found ebizframe ERP to completely fit into its requirements. The client acknowledged ebizframe’s extraordinary capabilities to handle complex processes unique to the construction industry which were missing in other ERP Systems they had evaluated. The company was planning to grow rapidly in the near future and found ebizframe ERP scalable enough to adapt seamlessly to its future needs.
The client has opted for the following Modules of ebizframe ERP:
- Procurement Management
- Materials Management and Warehouse Management
- Finance & Accounts
- Human Resource & Payroll
- Fixed Assets Management
- Transport Management
- Equipment Maintenance
- ERP Security & System Administration
Benefits from ERP implementation
- End to End tracking of all projects right from inception to completion along their projected timelines
- ebizframe ensured seamless tracking of raw material inventory across all the sites and enabled quick stock transfers from one site to another in case of shortage at a particular site
- Complete tracking of inventory/equipment movement from the point of dispatch the location of receipt was possible thereby leading to minimization of in-transit losses
- Accurate and timely billing of project costs through consistent time-keeping, material and expense transactions capture in the ebizframe ERP System.
- Consolidated view of the current status of all ongoing projects thereby ensuring efficient allocation of resources and manpower at all project sites. This also helped the top management to plan for manpower and material requirement well in time.
- Maintenance alerts based on meter readings, no. of hours used, km. driven, fuel used, etc. for timely overhaul of equipment thereby increasing life of the tools and machines.